Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1995 Serengeti Owner’s Manual 3 weeks 7 hours ago #1030

• F514396Lindholm
  • F514396Lindholm's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hey all!

I’m excited to be a new member on here. I look forward to meeting everyone at meetups.

For now, I’m looking to learn more about the 1995 Serengeti that I just bought. Is anyone able to send me an owner’s manual? I don’t see one on the files list, nor in the search forums, nor online. There is a lot I don’t understand about this RV, and would really appreciate your help.

Thank you!
Philip
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

1995 Serengeti Owner’s Manual 3 weeks 6 hours ago #1031

• LPBuckley
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 11
Hi Philip and welcome to the Forums.

The closest Owner's Manual Supplement that I could find for you in our archives is actually dated in October of 1995 and is targeted for the 1996 Model year....it may offer you a reasonable starting point for your needs.

You can find it here:

www.safari-international.org/images/Memb...r's%20Supplement.pdf

Good luck,

Lee

1995 Serengeti Owner’s Manual 3 weeks 5 hours ago #1032

• LPBuckley
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
Historically, Safari Motor Coach manufactured progressive model development rather than starting with a fresh sheet design between model years. You may be able to utilize the '96 Owner's Manual to gain a better generic insight into your house systems....there will always be subtle differences between what's written and what you find installed on your coach. This is true even between early in the model year and later in the same model year! It's almost a running joke among Safari owners that each coach is a prototype.

Your chassis, an earlier version of the Magnum Chassis, is pre-Caterpiller power with the Cummins diesel, but again the progressive design process runs true there as well.

Here are three more links that you may find helpful:

www.safari-international.org/images/Memb...m%20Introduction.pdf

www.safari-international.org/images/Memb...gnum%20Technical.pdf

www.safari-international.org/images/Memb...Owner's%20Manual.pdf

While each of these links may NOT be specific to your '95 Serengeti exactly, the information will actually apply to your rig in more ways than you expected.

You might want to explore the archives for an Allison World transmission manual as well....

As before, good luck and enjoy the journey.

Lee

1995 Serengeti Owner’s Manual 3 weeks 3 hours ago #1033

• F514396Lindholm
Lee, thank you! This makes me feel more hopeful that I’ll be able to care for this coach the way i want to. Should you or anyone else have more info on anything to do with my RV, it would be welcome and sincerely appreciated.

1995 Serengeti Owner’s Manual 2 weeks 6 days ago #1034

• F514396Lindholm
Lee, i wonder if i can bother you with one more thing. I’ve been pouring through the literature you provided and am still confused on the LP gas. there are two valves, one called “liquid” and the other r called “vapor.” Which do i turn on for the water heater and furnace?

thank you!

1995 Serengeti Owner’s Manual 2 weeks 6 days ago #1035

• LPBuckley
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
The description I see in the '96 Owner's Manual I linked you to is consistent with the LP tank installed in my '95 rig....it says there are 4 valves total - one liquid fill, one overflow, and two vapor. The liquid fill valve has a covered connection for the fill hose and has a handle to rotate for opening & closing....there is no pressure regulator associated with the fill valve. Next to the fill valve (which is the largest valve) there is a small rectangular overflow valve which is made of nylon and has a small hole in the center....this is used during the refilling process as a safety backup to the automatic shutoff sensor in the refilling pump - if liquid starts to flow out of the overflow, that tells the operator to manually stop the refill process as the level of liquid has reached its' limit. On my rig I have two vapor outlet valves with associated pressure regulators attached in the downstream gas plumbing. One serves the house appliances (heater, water heater, refrigerator and stove) while the other serves the LP Generator. If your rig has a diesel generator, then you will have one less vapor circuit with a regulator.

So that's kind of the long answer.....but wait, there's more!

If you are restarting a previously dry system, there will be a need to "bleed" the trapped air out of your LP gas lines in order to get things working. This means that simply opening the vapor valve on the LP tank won't always ensure that the refrigerator or water heater will properly light off. Normally the last appliance on the delivery line will be the stove....which means that if you light a burner on the stove and you get a consistent blue flame, the rest of the system should be almost cleared of any remaining air. With the stove-top burner still running you should then be able to switch the refrigerator to LP mode with one or two attempts before it will consistently light off, the same goes for the water heater and the furnace - each of those other appliances will have a short branch off the main gas line that could still have a little air left to bleed off.

If your rig has not been formally inspected or serviced for a long time, you should seriously consider investing in that expense to ensure that all installed systems are working correctly and safely - LP Gas in particular!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds

Home | About Us | Photos | Rallies | Members | News | Forum | Contact Us
© Copyright 2014-2020 Safari International | Website developed by Blu Dove Designs | Website Hosting provided by InterServer